IEWM will on 28 January 2016 host the Gender and Climate Change Working Group consultative meeting. The purpose of the meeting is:
- To discuss the Paris climate change agreement and gender issues within COP21,
- Analysis of advocacy assessment tool (shared with members) to develop the capacity building assessment need plan,
- Presentation of findings of National Climate Change policies in Kenya and gaps,
- Discussion on the Joint Principles for Adaptation (JPAs) – the principle is used for advocacy,
- To engage the government/decision makers and also for capacity building organizations working in climate change adaptation to promote effective and equitable adaptation of climate change frameworks in the country and finally development of Adaptation/CBA advocacy messaging.