Climate Change Adaptation
There are two main policy responses to climate change: mitigation and adaptation. Mitigation addresses the root causes, by reducing greenhouse gas emissions, while adaptation seeks to lower the risks posed by the consequences of climatic changes. Both approaches will be necessary, because even if emissions are dramatically decreased in the next decade, adaptation will still be needed to deal with the global changes that have already been set in motion.
Resources on Adaptation
- IEWM to host CBA Directory Validation Workshop
- Invitation: Gender and climate change advocacy strategy validation workshop
- Gender and Climate change consultative meeting – 28 January 2016
- Community Based Adaptation Training Workshop 18-20 November 2015
- Building Resilience of Ecosystems for Adaptation